Law as a Career
Mode of Admission
Admission to the U.G. Programme
- The merit list-cum-preference will be the basic principle of admission for CLAT 2015 and the allotment of candidates to various NLU(s) will be based on the same. Hence, an online counseling would take place after the announcement of the CLAT 2015 results from 21st May 2015, wherein the candidates will be able to mark the preferences of the NLU(s) for admission within the stipulated period mentioned in the schedule.
- The specified number of the candidates from various categories will be allowed to participate in the online counseling against the actual seats available with the participating NLU(s), by logging in to the personal LOGIN ACCOUNT created by them at the time of registration and depositing the adjustable fees of Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand only) either online/offline by bank challan through the website.
- The candidates seriously interested in taking admission must deposit the required fees so as to be considered against the seats available with an NLU. The candidates failing to deposit the required fees through the website with the CLAT Office by the specified date will forfeit their right to be considered for admission in future and their names will be dropped from the CLAT Merit List.
- The university-wise first provisional allotment list based on merit-cum-preference will be published on the CLAT Website. The list will also be made available to the respective participating Universities.
- The provisionally selected candidates allotted to various NLUs will have to reserve their seats within a stipulated period at this stage by logging in to the personal LOGIN ACCOUNT. The candidates will be provided with three options viz.,
- I hereby take admission with the allotted university and do not want my candidature to be considered for the next higher preference (This option can be availed only once), or
- I hereby take admission with the allotted university and also want my candidature to be considered for the next higher preference, or
I hereby do not want to take part in the admission process.
Any of the above options exercised by the candidate will be treated as final and irrevocable. The candidates failing to reserve their seat through the website with the CLAT Office by the specified date will forfeit their right to be considered for admission in future and their names will be dropped from the CLAT Merit List.
- A list of waitlisted candidates will also be issued along with the Provisional Allotment List, from the specified list of candidates who had undertaken the counseling after remitting the fees. The comprehensive list will be prepared by picking up candidates proportionately from various categories such as Unreserved/SC/ST/OBC/PWD/DFF/NRI etc. both from the All India and State (Domicile) category of candidates.
- If required, the CLAT Office will publish three more times the Subsidiary List of candidates allotted to various Universities against the actual left out seats.
- After depositing the required amount of fees and taking part in the counseling session with the CLAT office by the stipulated date, if the waitlisted candidates fail to get a seat in any of the Universities due to non-availability of vacancy, the entire amount of Rs. 50,000/- deposited by such candidates will be refunded to them without any deduction.
- If the candidates in the specified list for participation in counseling do not deposit the required amount of fees (i.e. Rs. 50,000/-) in adequate numbers for being considered against probable vacancies, if any, in future, and if the list of such candidates gets exhausted and some vacancies still remain thereafter, then a fresh counseling session will be undertaken by the CLAT Office.
- After the candidates are finally allotted to various Universities, the candidates will be required to approach the allotted Universities with the balance amount towards the admission fees and the relevant certificates/documents in original issued by the competent authority in support of the various claims made by the candidates, during the scheduled periods given in the CLAT-2015 Calendar and complete the admission formalities. The certificates in original will be checked by the respective universities at the time of their admission. For detailed information/update about the dates kindly check the CLAT Calendar.
- The candidate not having the required certificates/documents in original and failing to satisfy the eligibility requirements will not be allowed to take admission by the concerned Universities. Hence, the candidates seeking admission under various categories – especially those belonging to the reserved categories such as SC/ST/OBC/PWD/DFF/NRI and the Unreserved category candidates seeking admission under State Domicile category – will be required to obtain in advance the relevant and authentic certificates/ documents from the competent authorities and produce the same at the time of admission.
- Those candidates who fail to report to the Universities and complete the admission formalities as per CLAT-2015 Calendar will forfeit their claim for admission and their seats will be filled-up by the University by following its own procedure and not by the CLAT Office. The respective Universities will be reporting the details of admission against the Allotment list to the CLAT Office by 28th June 2015 including the number of vacancies that might remain due to non-reporting of the candidates allotted under the Actual Allotment List. This would help the CLAT Office make the declaration of the next allotment list with up gradated and wait listed candidates on 1st July 2015 and complete the admission process up to 4th July, 2015. For detailed information/update about the dates kindly check the CLAT Calendar.
- While the candidates will be required to pay the balance amount of fees to the allotted Universities at the time of completing the admission formalities, the adjustable amount of Rs. 50,000/- deposited with the CLAT Office will be transferred to the respective Universities after the completion of the admission process.
- The candidates withdrawing from the admission process after the stipulated date will be refunded the amount by the CLAT Office after deducting the processing charge of Rs. 10,000/-.
Admission to the P.G. Programme
The admissions to the PG programmes through CLAT-2015 will be done in a centralized manner from the CLAT Office after the counseling session, as mentioned above for the UG programmes, by allotting seats based on the merit cum preference of the candidates furnished during the counseling session. The candidates will be allowed to participate in the online counseling session by depositing the adjustable fees of Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand Only) through the website with the CLAT Office.
Source : www.clat.ac.in