Law as a Career
Procedure for Application
Application Form and Information Brochure for CLAT 2015
- The CLAT 2015 Online Application Form will be accessible on the CLAT website (www.clat.ac.in) between 1st January, 2015 to 31st March, 2015 along-with the Information Brochure. No hard copy of the Application Form and Information Brochure will be sold.
- CLAT 2015 Information Brochure (not the application form) will also be accessible from the respective website of all the participating NLU(s).
Mode of Payment Through CLAT 2015 Website
A candidate will have to make payment on three occasions through CLAT website viz,
(i) submitting the Online Application Form
(ii) if interested in downloading the Previous Year’s Question papers and
(iii) while participating in the counseling session.
A candidate will have to make online/offline payment through CLAT website.
The online payment can be made through net-banking, debit card, credit card etc. wherein the candidate will have to bear the additional bank transaction charges for remitting the fees through payment gateways.
For paying the fees offline through website, the candidate will have to download the ‘Bank Challan‘ that will be generated with the required information, as filled in by the candidate, and make the payment with additional bank charges at any branch of the designated bank. After making the requisite payment at the bank, the candidate needs to fill-in the details of the Bank Challan as required at the relevant section of application form on the website.
CLAT 2015 Application Fee
- For Unreserved/OBC/PWD and other category candidates: Rs. 4000/- (Non refundable / non adjustable)
- For SC/ST category candidates: Rs. 3500/- (Non refundable / non adjustable)
- The above application fee includes cost of online application form and e-brochure.
- Previous year e-Question Papers of CLAT shall be available on the payment of Rs. 250/- only (Non refundable / non adjustable) . For this the mode of payment is Online only.
Mode of Application
- There is only one mode of application i.e. online which can be accessed by a candidate after registering himself/herself on the CLAT website by creating a LOGIN ACCOUNT. The Online Application Form can be submitted only between 1st January, 2015 to 31st March, 2015 (11:59 P.M.). The submitted Online Application Form in PDF format and other details will be available and accessible in the LOGIN ACCOUNT of the candidate.
- No copies of the filled in Online Application Form or uploaded certificates/documents need to be sent to the CLAT Office separately .
- The Hall-Ticket/Admit Card may be accessed / downloaded by the candidate in the personal LOGIN ACCOUNT. The candidate is required to take the printout of the Admit Card to the Examination Hall.
- Incomplete application or application in any mode other than online or application after the last date and time shall not be considered. It shall be the obligation of the candidate to fill the Online Application Form in a timely manner and the Organizing University, i.e. Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow – 226012 (U.P.) shall not be responsible in anyway.
Documents To Be Uploaded During Online Application
The original certificates/documents issued by the competent authority as specified in the CLAT 2015 Information Brochure are to be submitted to the allotted University only at the time of admission. The relevant copies of the certificates/documents in support of one’s claim for admission are to be uploaded while filling the Online Application Form (photograph and signature of the candidate and parent/guardian need not be attested).
- The scanned copies of the documents to be uploaded in the PDF/jpg format by all the candidates are:
- Birth Certificate, if not available then standard 10th passing certificate issued by recognized board or Passport can be uploaded
- Standard 10th Marksheet
- Qualifying Examination Marksheet/Certificate such as 10+2 or its equivalent examination certificate from a recognized Board (for UG Courses).
- Qualifying Examination Marksheet/Certificate such as LL.B. or its equivalent examination certificate from a recognized University (for PG Courses).
- Front Facing Passport size photograph (3.5 cms x 4.5 cms) [JPG Format, SIZE-within 100 KB]
- Signature of candidate [JPG Format, SIZE-within 100 KB]
- The scanned copies of the documents to be uploaded in the PDF format by a candidate depending on the applicability are:
- Category Certificate (SC/ST/OBC)
- Disability Certificate (Persons With Disability, P.W.D.)
- Special Category certificate like E.B.C.; B.C.; W.B.C.; D.F.F.; S.E.B.C.; Ancestral residents of village Sidhuwal, District Patiala; Son / Daughter of Defense Personnel Deployed in U.P. or Defense Personnel of U.P. either retired or killed/ disabled in action; Dependant of Freedom Fighter of U.P. and Kashmiri Migrant.
- Certificates in support of one’s claim for NRI/NRI Sponsored Candidate.
- Domicile Certificate in support of one’s claim for consideration under State Quota
The certificates/documents listed above are essential requirements for admission to the UG and PG courses. In addition to the above, the candidates may be required to submit such other certificates/ documents as may be specified by various Universities in their respective websites and also in the Instructions for Admission to UG/ PG Programmes issued along-with the List of Allotted Candidates from time to time. Further, the candidates will also be required to submit Photocopies of the relevant certificates/documents as may be specified/ required by the concerned universities.
Declaration of Results
CLAT 2015 result will be published on 20th May 2015 on the CLAT Website (www.clat.ac.in) with an overall merit list of candidates prepared according to their CLAT Score along with their categories. In addition, state specific and all India merit lists will be prepared for various categories of candidates like Unreserved/ SC/ ST/ OBC/ Women/ PWD etc. The candidate will be able to access the results through the personal LOGIN ACCOUNT.
Source : www.clat.ac.in